26 days ago
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with one of their European offices in Amsterdam.
An additional European Lawyer is needed to support their EMEA business growth which is continuing at a rapid pace with the ever-increasing need to manage a range of complex EMEA business risks.
The candidate must have a broad range of relevant legal experience to establish immediate credibility and work successfully with other members of the Legal team, the European operations teams, Country Managers, HQ Legal team as well as with EMEA outside counsel.
- Legal advice on general business related matters on a pan-European basis (focused on SME and geographical areas assigned), including M&A, Laws and Regulations, Commercial/contracts laws, Pricing & Reimbursement matters, Drug Safety/Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Studies, Data Privacy, Labor laws, Distribution, Parallel Imports, Competition laws, among others in order to ensure legal compliance of EMEA business operations
- Draft and/or review commercial and R&D agreements to further business operations growth while avoiding or minimizing business risks with third parties
- Provide assistance to central functions and EMEA affiliated companies to establish a consistent business approach to operational issues facing EMEA operations
- Management of external legal counsel, including dispute/litigation support in cooperation with external legal counsel, in order to ensure work-product quality and obtain optimal business outcomes while at the same time effectively controlling external legal costs
- Support geographical expansion activities, including contract administration after agreements have been implemented, to support revenue growth objectives and patient access to our client’s products
- Collaboration with EMEA Compliance in developing healthcare compliance templates and processes to support corporate best practices objectives
- Provide legal advice on general legal compliance matters to ensure alignment of operational activities and a common understanding of legal requirements and practices
- Handle own administrative support, including filing, photocopying, travel arrangements, expense reporting, etc.
- Assist in management of assigned external law firms (i.e. ensure outside counsel retention policy is respected, follow-up on budgeting and invoicing issues, review work product quality, etc.)
- Ensure that relevant documents are uploaded timely onto Legal departmental database
- To extent possible, handle routine corporate administration for EMEA subsidiaries in close coordination with selected service providers.
The Legal Counsel will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Law degree from a recognized University in Europe.
- Qualification to practice law in one of the EU countries, including the Netherlands
- Approximately 3-7 years of law practice in a law firm and in-house in an internationally focused law firm/company
- Experience in successfully and independently managing the legal aspects of complex international projects
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry
- Hands-on and solution-oriented, as well as pragmatic and discreet
- Balanced personality with the ability to fully integrate into a small organization and a dynamic business environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Good personal and communications skills and judgment
- Flexibility, organizational skills
- Team player
- Excellent command of the English language (drafting skills). Fluency in Dutch would be considered as major plus
- Readiness to travel on an EMEA basis to support business teams