20 days ago
Our client is a highly successful company in the medical technology sector and this role is an important one in their Amsterdam office which looks after some of their European offices.
This is, at heart, an operational function which covers the whole range of HR administration duties from payroll to recruitment and onboarding to offboarding and everything in between.
Working as a part of the Global Human Resources Team, the HR Generalist will be responsible for working on the development, implementation and administration of all aspects of HR, including employee relations, compensation, benefits, compliance, talent acquisition and HRIS. Reporting to the head of HR in Europe and International with a scope across Europe and operations internationally, this role requires someone who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment that is fast-paced and results oriented.
Some key responsibilities include:
Recruitment & Selection
- Leads Recruitment process and guides Managers through the hiring process; Build and maintain pipelines of qualified candidates to deliver against immediate priorities, future needs, and business critical positions that are routinely filled throughout the year.
- Manage vendor relationships and partnerships with select recruitment agencies. Responsible for negotiating contracts and to maintain a list of pre- approved vendors that will only assist in select hiring processes.
- Actively use social media to recruit top talent; use online sourcing, to attract both active and passive candidates.
- Manage the onboarding of new employees.
- Assuring compliance with country regulations concerning all aspects of employment (vacation, overtime pay, employee benefit eligibility, health & safety due process, payroll processed, etc.)
- Handling terminations: ensuring termination procedure is properly completed and submitting required documentation to payroll department on a timely manner.
- Ensuring changes to the employees’ profiles are properly reported and submitted to payroll.
- Maintaining employee data and updating the HRIS database BambooHR.
- Assist in administration of the HRIS and Learning Management Systems
- Employee Relations & Talent Management
- Provide guidance and advice to managers regarding employment related matters, such as interpretation of company policies and procedures, performance management, annual compensation review process and benefits administration.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for the performance appraisal process and subsequent compensation review
- Manage the employee exit process.
Other HR related projects
- Managing benefits plans; Absence and leave management: administering employees’ leave and attendance.
- Ad hoc communication input, corporate intranet, Employee guidebook updates, letters for employees and corporate e-mail communications/updates
What do you need to offer??
- 5+ years’ experience as a HR Generalist or Advisor ideally within an international company environment based in the Netherlands.
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch Labor Law as well as some cross-border European experience too. France? Germany? Benelux?
- Capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Business fluent in English + Dutch or French or German.
- Positive attitude and employee/customer focused.
- Living within easy travel distance of Amsterdam.
We are looking for a candidate who, ideally, can start quickly but our client is happy to wait for the right person to come along too. If you are available immediately, great. If you have a notice period, that’s fine too.
Feel free to apply or contact me for more information at email@example.com.
Please send your CV as quickly as possible. Please indicate your salary level and notice period.