28 days ago
Our client is an award-winning global freight forwarding and logistics business with HQ in the USA.
They opened a new mega-hub in the Rotterdam area last year to meet rising customer demand from the e-commerce sector and the role of Finance Manager/controller will be based at this fantastic facility.
This role would suit a finance specialist who is comfortable with a hands-on operational role as well as management of a team of 8. The role will report into the EMEA Finance Director who is based in Switzerland as well as a dotted line into the local MD.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring consistent corporate financial strategy through a range of avenues such as managing and allocating accounts, financial statements, and tax data. The candidate will also be the point of contact for banks, auditors, and tax authorities.
An ability and desire to be hands-on as well as strategic is vital in this role. You will need to be highly collaborative and able to work in a complex change environment.
• Production & Analysis of weekly & monthly results & KPI’s (Financial & Operational) in accordance with Company & Corporate Accounting Policies
• Analytical Review of income statement & Balance sheet
• Complete Month End Close routines
• Together with the MD prepare budget annual budget and quarterly forecasts (Revenue budget, Direct costs, Indirect Costs and cash flow)
• Prepare analysis and commentary on Actual/Budget/forecast highlights to MD
• Prepare Statutory Accounts and Support Statutory Audits with audit deliverables in a timely manner
• Review and sign off quarterly VAT return
• Oversea Finance department (with 8 staff).
• System access controls/segregation of duties/audit & balance sheet review follow up
• Supporting ad hoc financial and business projects.
• Other duties as and when required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance 5+ years’ experience in the area of Freight and Logistics.
• Well organized and work towards tight deadlines.
• Analytical mind with the ability to interpret and draw relevant insights from various resources
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
• Open to new approaches and alternative means to accomplish results.
• Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
• Understands and applies commercial and financial principles to improve performance.
• Strong need to be independent and focused.
• Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment as a team player
• knowledge of the freight forwarding and logistics industries essential
• Previous team management experience.
• Understanding of US GAAP would be an advantage.
• Living within easy commuting distance of Rotterdam.
Please send your CV and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let me know your current salary level and notice period.