28 days ago
Our client is a global well-established non for profit organization with an incredibly powerful mission. They are currently growing their Amsterdam office and looking to fill a global Finance Manager ( FP&A) role here in the Netherlands. The Finance Manager will be part of the global, cross-department team of seven financial planning and analysis professionals working closely together.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial management and budgeting of assigned to them Departments. They will work with global, regional and country leadership to monitor, analyze, forecast and report the financial performance of their department programs and projects. They will develop and oversee the budgeting process for internal and external stakeholders. This position works closely with department heads, project managers and finance, administrative and/or accounting staff in the countries.
- Analyse actuals vs revenue and expense targets;
- Assure compliance with budget and contract requirements in accordance with internal policies and procedures;
- Produce monthly budget to actuals reports, forecasts and dashboards at the department, project, country and regional level;
- Analyze and track financial indicators;
- Ensure cost recoverability and track leverage requirements;
- Track available funding to cover fixed costs;
- Support integrated regional performance management, by operationalizing internal management processes, tools and metrics to continuously improve financial performance;
- Provide ‘surge capacity’ to field teams to help them with the start-up or close-out of strategic initiatives or projects, as well as help them more effectively address and resolve critical issues and risks, with a focus on finance-related challenges;
- Monitor all financial activities, and keep Management and HQ-Finance advised of situations which have potential negative impact on financial performance;
- Monitor expenses and revenues to ensure that the region spends according to the available revenue and that restricted funds are used according to donor requirements;
- Maintain and track project codes in accounting system and provide needed access to staff;
- Produce and/or review financial reports submitted to funders; ensure that submitted reports and invoices are reviewed for accuracy and include proper support documentation;
- Serve as a key communication conduit to and from HQ-Finance, Management and other staff,
- Explain the process and guidelines for financial monitoring, budget development and reporting to all internal stakeholders;
- Ensure general compliance across country offices of finance processes, policies and procedures;
- Coach local finance specialists, project managers and country leaders to improve their financial management and budget negotiation skills;
- Interview, hire, train, assign work to and supervise junior finance staff as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial analysis, reporting and budgeting;
- Demonstrated work experience with both Excel and computerized accounting systems;
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized and customer service oriented;
- Experience managing government grants with sub-recipient grant programs preferred;
- Experience working in an international non-government organization strongly preferred;
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on project and financial management;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Ability to operate with considerable independence and as a member of a team, show good judgment, and take initiative;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time, nationally and internationally.
What do they offer:
- Full time position in a hybrid mode within a global and international team of Finance professionals (first contract for 12 months)
- An opportunity to contribute to making this world more sustainable
- Innovative work environment (modern software systems)
- Access to LinkedIn Learning
- Attractive secondary benefits package (pension plan, travel allowance, daily access to free healthy lunches, Employee Assistance Program)
Please note that we can only consider candidates already living in the Netherlands.
Interested? Feel free to apply directly or contact me for more information at email@example.com