13 days ago
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with one of their European offices in Amsterdam. They are currently seeking a Finance Manager to:
- Act as key Finance Lead in the Netherlands based office by liaising with all functions
- Build and maintain a robust, compliant, accurate, cost effective and agile transactional and statutory financial environment
- Establish strong internal and external accounting, documented controls and procedures and associated accounting records.
- Act as a Business partner for the Benelux market (preparation of annual budget and forecast, complete business analyses, support market initiatives )
- Act as a business partnering to Country manager and FP&A services for the Benelux market
- Manage all accounting and reporting activities of NL branch:
- Manage external auditors relationships
- Develop and improve a robust, compliant, accurate and cost effective accounting and controlling infrastructure, including internal control system.
- Ensure strong cooperation and coordination with Supply Chain business partners based in the NL Office to ensure effective process maintenance and improvement on direct procurement and order to cash.
- Oversee credit process at EMEA level with the support of a Senior Analyst.
- Lead and drive outsourced service provider in delivering best-in class transactional accounting services, closing and reporting services.
- Propose process efficiencies and tools improvements between NL and Switzerland
- Ensure smooth running of daily Administrative and Finance operations on site
- Analyze and report financials monthly in a clear and concise way, action driven including timely follow up of opened items
- Manage the cost center framework and structure, including invoice approval workflow system
- Manage accruals, prepaid and Opex on a monthly basis and associated reviews and reporting activities.
- Manage all FP&A and business support for the Benelux Market, including budgeting, forecasting, actuals, business review support, including presentations to Senior Leadership Team.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis, conduct financial training as needed, prepare presentations for Senior Management and perform project work as requested
- Support EMEA projects
- Master degree in Finance, accounting or closely related field
- SAP FICO advanced training
- Advanced knowledge of Dutch GAAP and IFRS
- FP&A experience is an asset with proven leadership and project management skills
- Solid understanding and experience with financial business processes; financial reporting, accounting, including group intercompany activities and legal/tax requirements ( single principal model)
- Advanced computer/systems skills – Excel, PowerPoint, SAP FI/CO, SD/MM, QlikView & database management
- Business acumen with analytical and problem solving skills
- Service oriented
- Excellent understanding of accounting and controlling requirements including IFRS and Local GAAP accounting standards
- Practical experience with internal and external auditors
- Compliance mind-set
- Proven ability to drive external service providers
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of the organization is vital for this position to succeed
- Excellent attention to details while keeping sight of the big picture, ability to (re)prioritize continuously
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism
- Solution-driven and process improvement mind set
- Demonstrated success in building relationships across all levels within an organization
- Independent and proactive self-starter who operates with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results