26 days ago
For our international client, we are currently seeking a European Payroll Specialist to support all duties associated with the accurate and timely processing of the European payrolls as well as assist in all payroll related financial close tasks.
Initially you will take responsibility for the payroll in approx. 10 European countries but eventually you will be taking on additional locations.
The right candidate has a working knowledge of general labour rules and regulations and the ability to maintain a payroll in multiple international locations and through multiple legal entities. You are detail oriented, service minded and work collaboratively.
The European Payroll Specialist will report to the Senior Human Resources Manager Europe.
Responsibilities with regards to the monthly payroll process:
- Monthly Payroll from collation, providing input, checking calculations, do a variance check, reconciliation until the payments are made to the employees
- Communicate and cooperate in an effective manner with the payroll vendors in the various countries
- Complete all Payroll tasks in a timely manner, accurately and without causing any disruptions to the employees
- Ensure that during whole process we are following internal approval and compliance processes
- Stay up to date on local tax changes and ensure we are at all times in compliance with local tax legislation
- Pro-actively propose changes to the payroll process as well as looking at optimization of payments of benefits, within the local tax regulations
- Proactively identify and resolve any issues with the third-party payroll processing company
- Point of contact to employees and cross-functional groups regarding payroll related inquiries
- Ensure local tax filings and documents are processed accordingly internal and externally
- Responsible for timely benefit registration, such as pension, health insurance, etc. of all employees in the various countries.
- Close Cooperation with Finance Team on standard reporting and reporting as requested
- Participate in Audits both internal and external when requested
- General HR support in special projects
Qualifications and other requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, economics or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role as Payroll Specialist
- Excellent Understanding of payroll components and in performing payroll, optimally within a multinational environment
- Understanding of benefits systems and respective taxation
- Good knowledge of relevant software (MS-Office) with excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word