4 days ago
For one of our clients, one of the world’s leading companies in connector technology which operates in Asia, North America and Europe, we are looking for a fulltime Branch Accountant speaking native or near native German to join their team in Amsterdam.
This position is a senior role in the finance team and comes with the responsibility of controlling the accounting, reporting and administration of the German entity (approx. 25 FTEs). In this role, you will work directly with the Deputy Finance Manager and assist in the coordination and closing of the other four European entities. This role will be an integral part of the Finance Department and will also include final approval activities (AP, Banking, Expense Claims) in the other four European entities. The goal is to develop the right candidate to be responsible for the German entity and to also be able to administer the other four European entities in the monthly closing process.
Main responsibilities & support areas:
- Preparation and processing of APs
- Preparation and processing of Bank Statements
- Preparation and processing of Weekly Bank Payments
- Preparation and processing of Employee Expense Claims
- Monitor monthly cost bookings and accruals
- Determine applicable provisions where necessary
- Complete GL Control and reporting for the German Entity
- Filing of local VAT and CIT submissions
- First point of contact for all German entity enquiries and administration
- Approval of GL bookings and documents in the other European Entities
- Assist in the coordination of the accounting within the individual branches
- Assist in Month/Quarter and Year end closing activities for all branches
- Process evaluation and improvement
- Any other duties deemed appropriate to this role
- Administrative education at MBO level or equal by work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Outlook
- German and English language necessary (business fluent)
- Knowledge and Experience in local German Accounting
- Experience with SAP B1 is advantageous
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Accurate and affinity with numbers, analytical
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Calm and professional attitude
- Pro-active and hands-on, self-motivated.
What can they offer?
A great international working environment, with a high-quality team and a dedicated strong company.
Great financial compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, plus the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the activities in order to make a positive impact on the success of the company.