7 days ago
Job in Utrecht area. For a client of ours – a growing international company in medical devices industry – we are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant (AP). This position will be responsible for timely, accurate and complete AP accounting, including cost coding, matching invoices to Purchase Orders, preparing payment and reconciling bank and AP subledger to general ledger accounts. Additionally, this position will support routine cost accrual, cost reporting and cost analysis as well as participate in special assignments. This position is responsible for AP activities for a number of operating entities in Europe (Netherlands, France, Belgium, UK, Germany and Poland).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain relationships with department coworkers, department heads and vendors to support processing and issue resolution
- Process A/P invoices, verifying receipt of goods/services matching to purchase order and proper approval
- Ensure accurate coding to cost centers and GL’s, including cost allocation if necessary
- Provide details in journal postings to enable future analysis
- Process expense reports
- Prepare, process and reconcile to the bank Intercompany payments between international entities
- Estimate and accrue outstanding liabilities at month/quarter end
- Reconcile Accounts Payable to the General Ledger
- Research questions arising during financial statement close and review processes
- Provide documentation and support during annual financial statement audit
- Prepare, reconcile and book payments
- Preparation of monthly cost reports including commentary and performance analysis ensuring timely follow up and development of an action plan for any issues highlighted
- Understanding cost trends and support Line Management in understanding departmental cost
- Help enforce internal controls and corporate policies
- Assist in the further development of the finance department and beyond.
- Assist in the design and implementation of improvements to processes.
- Other duties as needed.
This role reports to the Senior Accounting Manager and working closely with Line Management and other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field, or extensive experience relevant to the role
- Fluency in English. French or Dutch or German language is an advantage
- Solid communication skills and ability to work with different levels in the organization
- Eye for detail, accuracy and ownership
- Solid understanding of accounting flows, not limited to AP only.
- ERP knowledge: Oracle is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- International, face paced, growing. Professional yet fun
What do they offer:
- Competitive base salary + performance bonus
- Participation in a Pension plan
- Working from Home allowance
- Contribution allowance to cover private costs Health insurance
Feel free to apply or contact me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org